No Time, No Mind.
Shown as part of the Groupshow Immaterialities at Weld in Stockholm,
June 3-6, 2021. Participating artists: Adrian Espinos, Anna Linderstam, Ebba Bohlin, Johan Thurfjell, Martina Hoogland Ivanow, Ninna Berger, Rickard Eklund, Camilla Reyman and Åsa Cederqvist.
First photo by Jean-Baptiste Béranger, others by Rickard Eklund.
More detailed photos of some of the pieces can be seen as part of "i.i.i."
Bug zappers, Mosquito net, x-ray prints on plastic, LED lights, acrylic glass, chemical wood, charcoaled wood, polyester resin, spray paint, gold lacquer, steel, chains, obsidian, metronome & video loop.
80 x 80 x app.350cm. 2021.
1. An uncut obsidian slab presses downward, cradled in a double spiral. Primordial dark matter - gravity has you.
2. Four identically cracked bowls, mended with gold lacquer. A tender multi-dimensional caring for events. Grow lights illuminate the unplanted.
3. X-rays examine the insides of bodies. Closer to the core, but what’s there is unnerving and unfamiliar. Shells, mechanical, without warm ghosts on display. Yet, an empathy lingers for those afflicted and processed.
4. Around a corner, cartoon common cattails caught in a storm, thrashing. Sampled and looped of a tarnished tape with poor magnetic tracking. The beam is broken and the hypnotic beats repeat by metronome trails.
5. Charred sculptures of memory storage devices on not-quite fractal patterned plinths, post-pyre. A HDD, a cassette tape, a VHS and right brain - burnt, but partially recovered with transparent resin and mirrors where the information would be stored.
6. A deadly light beckons, sealed off from close encounters.